Royal Vienna Porcelain
Founded in 1717 by Claudius Du Paquier, Royal Vienna Porcelain began during a time of high interest in fine porcelain. Struggling with production and finances, the success of the company waned until Paquier was forced to sell the company in 1744 to the Austrian Empress Maria Theresia. This move began the “State Period” and the porcelain began to be marked with the royal arms of the Austrian court. After sales became scarce the company was again sold, this time to Konrad von Sorgenthal, a textile manufacturer from Linz who was associated with the Austrian court. Selling neoclassical pieces, the company continued with relative success until its final demise in 1864.
During the course of the company’s history many styles were created. Chinoiserie was popular at the beginning of the 18th century, replicating and modifying Chinese porcelain designs. Later, Baroque and rococo styles were implemented as the times dictated. Eventually the company settled into production of nearly all neoclassical wares.
Works Cited:
http://www.antique-marks.com/royal-vienna-porcelain.html

t. (Main Office)
t. (Suburban Office)
f.